An Assyrtiko wine coming from the Amintaus mountains. As known, the Assyrtiko variety is the queen of the Cyclades islands and Santorini finds its terroir par excellence. Alfa Estate wanted to take a challenge head-on and for this, it was rewarded: the result is an Assyrtiko that gives all the island notes, harsh but not pungent. The lemon tone is present but contained, as are the citrus fruits … an exceptional wine as if to signify that this variety could do what Sauvignon Blanc has managed around the world, absolutely worth trying.
FOR THE WINE GEEKS
- WINERY: ALPHA ESTATE
- COUNTRY: Greece
- APPELLATION: Florina
- TYPE OF WINE: Dry White Wine
- VARIETAL COMPOSITION: 100% Assyrtiko
- SOIL: Sandy clay over limestone
- MACERATION & AGING: 16 hours maceration, spontaneous fermentation, 8 months Sur Lie
- VINTAGE: 2021
- WINE GROWING: Certified Sustainable
- ALCOHOL: 13.5%
- 0.75 l
- Contains sulfites
There are no reviews yet.