A dark and deep tipple! Wonderfully concentrated but refreshing acidity will lift your taste buds up. So you come back, glass after glass.
“Trica” means insignificant, trifle, but there is nothing unimportant in this 100% Plavac (a grape related to Primitivo & Zinfandel). This is a very generous, quintessentially Mediterranean, composedly elegant with that touch of minerality that tells you stories of the harsh terroir of Pelješac and the sea in front of it. This a deeply flavored red, chockfull of dark fruit, ripe tannins, and sweet spice, thanks to a year in oak. Vinarija Križ is located on the Pelješac peninsula in southern Dalmatia, Croatia, and its conditions are extreme. The winemaker, Denis Bogoevic, cultivates 60-year-old, very low trained bush vines by hand on almost 45-degree-angle slopes.
FOR THE WINE GEEKS
- WINERY: Križ
- COUNTRY: Croatia
- APPELLATION: Pelješac (pe-le-shatz) Peninsula
- TYPE OF WINE: Dry red wine
- VARIETAL COMPOSITION: 100% Plavac Mali (pla-vatz ma-li)
- PRODUCTION: Biodynamic, Organic & Natural
- SOIL: Dolomite and Limestone
- MACERATION & AGING: spontaneous, natural yeast, open wats, one year 600 liters Slavonian Oak Barrels, 6 months in the bottle
- VINTAGE: 2018
- ALCOHOL: 14.0%
- PRODUCTION: 3000 bottles
- 0.75 l
- Contains sulfites
There are no reviews yet.