Utilizing organic and biodynamic principals and the lunar calendar, Josip Brkic satisfies his responsibilities to land and family and his desire to make wines of terroir. Fermented with native yeast, aged briefly on the lees and bottled unfiltered. This effortless, pear and tarragon scented Žilavka is a combination of organic fruit from vineyards he owns and others that he contracts.
FOR THE WINE GEEKS
- WINERY: Brkić
- COUNTRY: Bosnia and Herzegovina
- APPELLATION: Mostar Region, Middle Neretva
- TYPE OF WINE: Dry white wine
- VARIETAL COMPOSITION: 100% Žilavka (Zhee-lav-ka)
- PRODUCTION: Organic & Biodynamic
- SOIL: Limestone
- MACERATION & AGING: spontaneous fermentation, natural yeast, 6 months in stainless steel
- VINTAGE: 2018
- ALCOHOL: 13.5%
- PRODUCTION: 4000 bottles
- 0.75 l
- Contains sulfites
There are no reviews yet.